HOME > Success Stories > W.R. Controls
WESCO Division — W.R. Controls — Helps Borders Books Reduce Costs
W.R. Controls provided Borders Books with a cost-effective solution that standardized power and electrical control for all their stores. This standardization enabled Borders to reduce cost, gain selling and/or storage space, and increase the efficiency of chain expansion.
W.R. Controls determined each store's specific requirements and developed a custom designed, Integrated Facility System (IFS) package for each location. WR Controls' solution provides each Borders' store with an integrated system using advanced packaging technology, custom control solutions, state-of-the-art components, and Cutler-Hammer's industry-leading power distribution and control equipment.
The W.R. Controls' solution has:
- Reduced control equipment installation space requirements by 63%
- Lowered overall electrical equipment costs
- Significantly reduced installation time and field labor costs
- Eliminated the costs of stocking and storage associated with individual equipment specification
- Provided each location with around-the-clock service and support
- Eliminated the need to use wall space for HVAC/lighting through WR Control's ability to configure controls within the IFS package
Beyond the power control benefits, W.R. Controls' expertise and experience in serving multi-site commercial and retail outlets enabled Borders Books to replace traditional multi-source equipment purchasing with a sole supplier. WESCO's proven procurement solutions, which provide significant supply chain cost reductions and process improvements, created additional savings.