Statement of Policy: Environmental sustainability is a strategic priority for WESCO and a company-wide responsibility. As a global supply chain solutions provider, WESCO is committed to sustainability initiatives and to actively managing the impact of our operations on the environment and the communities we serve. Beyond managing our own environmental impact, WESCO is also uniquely positioned as a trusted supply chain partner to help our customers and suppliers achieve their own sustainability goals.
Policy Scope: This policy addresses WESCO’s long-standing commitment to environmental sustainability. All WESCO locations and employees, both domestic and international, are subject to this policy.
Responsibility Statement: This policy will be managed by WESCO’s Environmental Sustainability Director and VP of Supply Chain and Operations, both of whom will work with business leaders to ensure that environmental sustainability considerations are part of WESCO’s business decision-making process. While this policy will be centrally managed, all WESCO associates have a responsibility to ensure that the environmental impact of their decisions is a consideration in their daily work activities.
Sustainability Objectives: WESCO is committed to the following sustainability objectives:
- To actively manage and reduce energy usage at all branches, Distribution Centers and corporate locations;
- To reduce energy demands across the company through the adoption and implementation of new energy saving and renewable energy technologies where practical and financially feasible;
- To reduce greenhouse gas emissions through improved building energy efficiency, reduced fuel consumption, and investments in renewable energy sources where feasible;
- To evaluate our delivery trucks, fleet vehicles and employee travel on a yearly basis, and where feasible, to replace older vehicles with more fuel efficient vehicles;
- To work with our employees and waste disposal partners to evaluate and raise awareness of all recycling opportunities in our locations and to track and measure recycling rates;
- To build a best-in-class sustainability program by actively engaging our employees and leadership in our environmental sustainability program through communication, training and participation opportunities;
- To work as a trusted advisor with customers and suppliers to drive sustainability and energy saving measures across the value chain through our product and service offerings;
- To monitor the environmental performance of our supply chain partners since the greatest environmental impact often happens before products are received for distribution to our customers; and
- To form partnerships with government and non-government organizations that we believe can help us in our sustainability mission and objectives.
Metrics and Reporting: The following Key Performance Indicators will be used to help evaluate our sustainability performance and to help guide our annual and long-term performance goals: 1
- Energy: Overall Total KwH usage, building intensity (Total KWH usage/total Square Footage), and percentage of energy coming from alternate sources
- Transportation: Number of overall trucks and vehicles, blended miles per gallon of vehicles and trucks, intensity of car fleet relative to overall revenue (number of vehicles/total revenue), and total employee travel (miles)
- Waste: Tonnage of recycled waste and overall diversion rates
The Company will report the progress of our Environmental Sustainability actions annually as part our Carbon Disclosure Project submissions and bi-annually as part of an overarching Corporate Social Responsibility Report.