WESCO Energy Solutions partnered with a natural resource recycling facility located in North Carolina to upgrade their facility lighting throughout their 130,000 sq. ft. of production space and 8,400 sq. ft. of offices. The key focus was to address dark and dusty manufacturing areas by increasing lighting to improve safety, quality control, and the overall working conditions for employees.
As a green-focused business, it was imperative that lighting improvements be accomplished in an energy-efficient and environmentally responsible manner. Equally as important, was installing a lighting system that was simple to maintain in order to sustain the increased safety and productivity that was achieved.
The project included replacing 349 outdated fixtures with 366 LED fixtures with four times the lifespan. This dramatically reduced the maintenance needs of the plant’s lighting while improving the overall visibility throughout the plant.
- Replaced T8 and 400W HID high bays with 150 Everlast HL15D IP 65 LED High bay fixtures to prevent any dust ingress into the fixture.
- Replaced exterior halogen floodlights with 19 Acuity HLF1 LED Flood Lights.
- Replaced fluorescent T8s fixtures in offices, restrooms, and quality control lab with 126 Acuity DLTR 2x4 LED Troffer Retrofit Kits.
- Replaced fluorescent T8s in the production area, shop, and walkways with 18 Acuity CLX Vapor Tight LED Strips.
- Installed 53 Acuity TWR1 LED Wall Packs every 30 feet in the loading bays, walkways, and adjacent to all doors.
- Dramatically reduced maintenance costs
- Significantly increased light levels in interior & exterior spaces
- Notably increased production time, as well as safety