Roundy’s Supermarkets, Inc. (Roundy’s), is a leading grocer in the Midwest. Roundy’s is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR), located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Founded in Milwaukee in 1872, Roundy’s operates 150 retail grocery stores under the Pick ’n Save, Copps, Metro Market, and Mariano’s retail banners in Wisconsin and Illinois. The two largest banners are Pick ‘n Save, with 96 locations located throughout the State of Wisconsin, and Mariano’s, with 44 locations located throughout the Chicagoland area.
With the acquisition of Roundy’s by Kroger, Roundy’s was able to fast track LED lighting updates at all 150 locations and selected WESCO Energy Solutions to take on LED lighting installs for 80 locations. Our installation teams, working across IL and WI locations, assisted Roundy’s in meeting project completion goals.
Our national footprint and an extensive network of contractors, allowed them to handle multiple site installations across the two states. In addition to installation, WES helped procure T5 LED lamps and drivers for 43 locations. They also coordinated delivery with multiple Roundy’s locations to meet their installation schedules.
- Surveyed & audited 80 locations
- Secured regional contractor management
- Procured T5 LED lamp & drivers for a lighting installation for 43 sites
- Managed scope of work in all locations to ensure deadlines were achieved
- Created re-lamping plan to allow for flexibility to ensure best project outcome
- Replaced 10,000+ ballasts and 40,000+ LED tubes
- Upgraded 85,000 LED tubes across 80+ locations
- Updated 14,000 ballast/drivers across 80+ locations