WESCO is committed to diversity – it is who we are. We believe that harnessing the various backgrounds, skills, and life experiences of our employees is vital to meet the changing needs of our customers and supplier partners.
Building a culture starts with engagement.
We value the unique contributions, characteristics and experiences of our team members helps us to attract and retain talent that will help to ensure WESCO is prepared to meet future challenges and demands.
Business Resource Groups (BRGs) have been established to act as a sounding board around strategic diversity objectives within the organization, including:
- Serve as a collective voice around issues that enable a respectful workplace, by uncovering the specific needs of a diverse community within the organization.
- Provide opportunities for employee development, education, training, recruitment, retention, business outreach, and development.
- Support innovation by providing insights on new markets, product development, and multicultural marketing, while enhancing our reputation in the marketplace.
Encouraging our people to bring their unique perspectives every day.
Collectively create an inclusive culture where all employees feel valued, connected, and inspired to innovate and improve processes, products, and services.
Understanding the critical role of diversity in our markets helps us to build, connect, power and protect the world.
WESCO is committed to partnerships with diverse suppliers and customers through promoting the participation of minority, women, and disabled veteran-owned business enterprises (MWDVBE) in our distribution business. We provide business opportunities to certified MWDVBEs through purchasing or reselling opportunities, mentor-protégé programs, teaming arrangements, and subcontracting whenever practical, to meet and exceed expectations by providing value-driven solutions and exceptional service.
- Strengthen our diverse supplier community economically which will contribute to the growth and expansion of our markets.
- Offer MWDVBEs an opportunity to compete with other bidders by developing a strategic program to strengthen our ecosystem with qualified value-added diversity suppliers.
- Support the demand from customers for value-added and validated diversity partners, per i) federal & state regulation ii) diversity goals.
- Build an authentic and engaging culture of inclusion, diversity, awareness, understanding, and cultural competence.
Since 1999, we have distributed quarterly electronic diversity purchasing reports to help U.S. customers report on their indirect diversity purchases from WESCO. We are committed to engaging small and diverse business enterprises in our selection of value-added vendors for internal procurement requirements.
As a General Services Administration (GSA) contract holder since 2000, through the Anixter business we acquired in 2020, we continuously strive to attain annual small business subcontracting goals. The small business subcontracting initiative focuses on increasing subcontracting opportunities for MWDVBEs, as well as HUBZone- and 8-A-certified small businesses to receive maximum practical opportunities in federal government subcontract awards. The program seeks to ensure that domestic small businesses receive a fair and equitable opportunity to compete for and receive subcontracts.
Through established partnerships with a vast array of diverse organizations located across the U.S., our partners’ strengths are combined to collectively help our mutual customers achieve their diverse business engagement goals for both large projects and day-to-day operations.
Industry Recognition and Commitments:
- Women on Boards
- Stevie Awards Best Places to Work (college programs)
- WESCO joins NMSDC