At Wesco, we help build, connect, power and protect valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial support and supplies to video surveillance applications and electric power transmission and distribution, we offer full-line solutions—and intelligence—that create reliable, resilient systems that can sustain your business and community. Through our unmatched global distribution network, supply chain management expertise and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit your bottom line.
Utility and Grid Services
Get Started with our World-class Utility and Grid Services
Utility Gas and PVF Solutions | Utility Metering Services | Metering and Capacitor Bank Assembly | Turnkey Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Exchange
Utility Gas and PVF Solutions
Wesco is the supply chain partner for utilities seeking effective solutions for their natural gas transmission and distribution service and product requirements. We support your gas initiatives with an infrastructure in place to provide resources from top industry suppliers, and a warehousing network set up to handle the distribution of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) solutions across the country.
Core Gas Products and Solutions
Pipe / Fittings – Steel and Polyethylene
Valves / Equipment
Metering / Measurement
Automation / Instrumentation
Supply Chain Management Services
Safety / PPE
Utility Metering Services
We can design, assemble, pre-wire, kit and stage capacitor banks using components from multiple manufacturers, helping you to reduce your costs and shorten lead times.
- Prewiring capacitor banks, sockets, meter loops and transformer-rated metering packages per customer specifications
- Programming, testing and refurbishing residential and commercial meters
- Inventory stocking of meter modules to reduce lead times
- Testing and certification to NIST watt-hour standards with state-of-the-art equipment
- Factory-certified retrofitting and technical support for various meter brands including Aclara, Itron and Tantalus.
Our experienced meter technicians service, test and certify your meters. With more than 80 years of experience behind us, we will ensure your metering is assembled correctly and your meters are working properly.
- Testing of 1-phase and 3-phase kilowatt-hour meters
- 3-phase service analysis including current transformer (CT) and potential transformer (PT) testing
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) meter deployment exchange services.
Learn More About Meter Schools, and Training
We provide a full range of training programs customized to meet your needs, available as live, in-person training as well as virtual learning.
Metering and Capacitor Bank Assembly
Pre-wiring/assembly of primary, secondary and residential metering, as well as capacitor banks, improves frontline workforce productivity.
Accurate and Reliable
Assembled by trained technicians. Adheres to strict quality control standards. Clearly labeled to eliminate work order and shipping errors. Supported with detailed documentation.
Reduces lead time and inventory cost. Features extended-range, high-accuracy current transformers.
Preassembled capacitor banks give utilities the ability to customize configuration, shorten lead times and reduce inventory.
1. Capture customer requirements
2. Kit and stage items
3. Prepare and assemble units
4. Complete final assembly
5. Perform quality checks and inspections
6. Secure for safe shipping
Wesco Success Story
AMI Meter Exchange
Turnkey Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and Meter Exchange
Wesco provides turnkey, scalable meter infrastructure upgrade services across a wide spectrum of metering solutions, suppliers and scopes of work. We leverage our nationwide resources, including metering experts and local support personnel to service utilities of all sizes across North America. We are experienced in metering infrastructure upgrade project management and execution and can help to remove the pressure from utilities.
- Project management services
- Skilled field labor and industry expertise
- Customizable real-time work management system
- Detailed reporting and cloud storage of install data
- Meter warehousing, recycling and disposal
Reach out to one of our utility grid experts today.
The Converged Network is Foundational to a Smart Building
Traditionally, buildings will operate on two separate network environments for communications and facilities — and technology is the convergence point of these disparate building systems. This means bringing energy management, safety, security, communications, lighting, A/V and every other building system onto a single platform that optimizes building operations, maintenance, employee performance and capabilities.
- Approximately 800 warehouses in 300+ cities
- Local inventory tailored to meet your demand
- Flexible, time-sensitive delivery by local vehicles
- Late order cut-off times for same-day shipment
- Available 24/7 emergency service
- Guidance with technical standards and engineering services
- Centralized contract administration and program management available
Capabilities to serve you better, faster, globally
*Pro Forma 2019 Net Sales
Nearly 100 Years of Excellence
Latest from the Knowledge Hub
Get in touch with our utility and grid experts.
Submit your information and one of our experts will be in touch shortly.