A subscription-based platform and streaming service needed to rapidly respond to enable over 9,000 global employees to work from home during the COVID pandemic. In order to deliver a consistent work experience, they wanted to provide employees with the opportunity to order a work-from-home kit with the tools they needed to stay productive. Employees were located all over the globe, including the United States, Italy, Netherlands, UK, Singapore, Japan, India, South Korea and Brazil. A critical requirement was that these global employees needed to easily order a customizable kit based on their needs and have it delivered direct to their home.
Wesco developed customizable work-from-home kits that maintained consistency and availability for the streaming service company employees globally. Each kit included a web camera, light, Apple Air Pods, a monitor and a Wi-Fi router that each employee could order as a whole kit or select items based on their needs. Each employee was able to complete an online order form that was sent to a dedicated Wesco email address monitored by a team responsible for order processing. The kits included a QR code with installation instructions, so every recipient had the details they needed for fast and successful set up.
Wesco’s global operations team was able to streamline procurement, back-end processes and logistics for the company with global in-region Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), inventory management, consolidated invoicing by country, and time-saving supply chain services. This enabled the streaming platform to maintain continuity for employees and provide uninterrupted, seamless service to its customers.
Subscription-based platform and streaming service.
- 9,000 employees globally forced to work from home
- Need for custom work-from-home kit to maintain business operations
- Direct delivery to employees homes
- Provided comprehensive work-from-home kit solutions that could be ordered as a static kit globally or customized for US and Canadian employees
- Dedicated team monitoring order form submissions via email to process quickly
- Sourcing, procurement, inventory management
- Phase 1: 3,000 global employees ordered a static kit that included all components
- Phase 2: 6,000 US and Canadian employees ordered customized kit version
- Enabled the streaming service to maintain seamless business continuity for both employees and customers