A renowned public market in a nationally recognized historic location was facing numerous challenges with outdated electrical infrastructure. Over a century old, it houses dozens of unique vendors selling sandwiches, fruits, vegetables, seafood, and other delicacies. The market needed a solution that would simplify tenant and management experiences while increasing overall operational efficiencies. It began a revitalization project that included installing an updated submetering system from Leviton.
Historic Public Market Modernizes Electrical Infrastructure
Energy Savings at a New Level
Leviton’s VerifEye™ submetering solutions are a comprehensive and cost-effective way to manage energy consumption. One of the customer’s main goals was to simplify and modernize management operations while accurately billing vendors. Leviton’s submetering solutions offered clear and customized results in the market’s new renovations.
Leviton's VerifEye™ Bundle
Proof of Performance
Due to the close quarters and sheer number of vendors in the market, the Series 2000 multiple meter units (MMUs) were a vital component to this solution. Designed for commercial multi-tenant applications, the MMUs require a minimal amount of space, hardware, and installation time while housing multiple occupants. The VerifEye™ solution has immense potential to be built upon for future expansions.
The VerifEye™ software offers a broad energy management platform for the VerifEye™ submetering solution. This software collects submeter data and generates billing and data reports using customizable fields. The software is a complete management system, equipped with 24/7 monitoring and trend spotting. Realized benefits include:
- Two story, 35,000 square feet of submeter coverage
- Real-time energy usage measurements in monthly, daily and 15-minute time intervals for each vendor
- Increased cash flow and net operating income from efficient operations
Historic public market
- Cluttered heap of exposed wires behind vendor stations that created an electrically unsound condition and liability
- Outdated electrical infrastructure had no universal management solution, making it difficult to implement conservation measures
- Difficulty in accurate tenant billing and payments due to the irregular patchwork of varied metering systems
- VerifEye™ submetering solutions
- Series 2000 submeters with multiple meter unit (MMU) enclosures
- VerifEye™ software
- Accurate recording of energy consumption data and streamlined reporting in real time
- Modernized, clean, and ecofriendly space for both vendors and visitors
- Automatically generated electrical bills for individual vendors based on actual usage
IoT Advisory Services
From ideation to realization, Wesco delivers IoT solutions and strategies that improve our customers’ operations. Discover how our IoT advisory services can transform your business.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR
This case study was brought to you in partnership with Leviton.
For over a century, Leviton's extensive portfolio of electrical products has provided millions of users with the light, power, and information they need to move forward and do more every day. From commercial lighting and networking to EV charging, Leviton is engineering thoughtful solutions that help make life easier, safer, more efficient, and more productive.