WESCO Energy Solutions completed an interior and exterior lighting retrofit for George Mason University. The scope of work included interior building spaces and exterior areas across three campuses. George Mason University was focused on several campus-wide upgrades in an effort to significantly reduce their energy consumption, lower maintenance costs, and leverage energy-efficient technologies throughout the campuses.
The team worked with the University to create mock-ups for the planned work to help the project achieve approval. Focused on the interior and exterior areas including parking lots and walkways the project’s main goal was to improve the safety and general aesthetics of the spaces while significantly reducing costs.
- Reduced overall energy consumption & maintenance costs
- Retrofit street & walkway HID fixtures with LED
- Replaced existing HID fixtures with energy-efficient T5 fluorescent fixtures
- Retrofit 32W T8 fixtures with 28W T8 lamps & high-efficiency ballasts
- Installed occupancy sensors to create smarter lighting systems
- Installed 2-lamp weatherproof fixtures in parking lots
- Annual energy savings: 2.6 million kWh
- Annual energy cost savings: $188,000
- Environmental savings per year: 3.9 million lbs. of CO
- Exterior maintenance savings: $28,299